I am running my own small business by designing mathematical 3d-models and related mathematical objects (see MO-Labs.com).
I received my Ph.D. (computational algebraic geometry) from the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (Germany) in 2005 (October).
After 6 months as a PostDoc at the RICAM research insitute (Linz, Austria), I moved to Saarbrücken (Germany) where I was Frank-Olaf Schreyer's assistant until April 2013. Since then I am running my own business, selling mathematical objects, producing related software, and teaching related mathematics.
I spent the summer term 2008 as a visiting professor (,,Vertretungs-Professor'') at Erlangen, and summer term 2011 as a visiting professor at Cologne.
- April 2013 - now: Math and Managing Head of my own business called MO-Labs.
- Oct. 2015 - Sept. 2016: PostDoc at Mainz University, history of mathematics group
- March 2014 - Sept. 2016: Researcher in the MC-Squared Project at the university of Potsdam.
Since Oct. 2015: also research and teaching in the history of mathematics working group at the university of Mainz.
- April 2006 - March 2013: Assistant of Frank-Olaf Schreyer at the university of Saarbrücken (Germany).
- March 2011-July 2011: Visiting Professor for mathematics and didactics at the University of Köln (in German: Vertretungsprofessur)
- April 2008 - July 2008: Visiting Professor (,,Vertretungs-Professor'') at the math department of the University of Erlangen.
- Oct. 2005 - March 2006: PostDoc at the RICAM (Linz, Austria), in Josef Schicho's working group. Financed by the Austrian Academy of Sciences.
- July 2001 - October 2005: Ph.D. student of Duco van Straten at the university of Mainz (Germany).
- 2005: Ph.D. in mathematics (summa cum laude), Department of Physics, Mathematics, and Computer Science. Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (Germany). Advisor: Duco van Straten. Title of the Thesis: Hypersurfaces with Many Singularities -- History, Constructions, Algorithms, Visualization.
- 2001: Diploma in mathematics, Department of Physics, Mathematics, and Computer Science. Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (Germany). Advisor: Duco van Straten. Title of the Diploma Thesis: Kubische Fl?chen und Cobles Hexaederform.
- 1997: Ma?trise Math?matiques Pures, Universit? de la Picardie Jules Verne, Amiens (France). I received this degree after my one-year-stay at this university.
- 1996: Vordiplom (equiv. to Bachelor) in mathematics, Department of Physics, Mathematics, and Computer Science. Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (Germany).
- 1994: Started to study mathematics with subsidiary subject business administration at the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (Germany).
Scholarships and Grants
- 2006: Research Prize of the University of Mainz for my Ph.D. thesis.
- 2005: Grant (together with Duco van Straten) of the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz for E-Learning: Accepted for continuing the previous project (6 months).
- 2004: Grant (together with Duco van Straten) of the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz for E-Learning: Supported a programming assistant for 4 months (in order to extend my tool surfex).
- 2000-2001: Scholarship (six months) of the Johannes Gutenberg University for finishing my Diploma thesis.
- 1996/97: ERASMUS scholarship (10 months) for my stay in Amiens (France).
- Independent teaching:
2008: Dynamic Geometry Lecture (at Erlangen as a visiting professor)
2008: Algebraic Curves Seminar (at Erlangen as a visiting professor)
2007/08: Dynamic Geometry Lecture
2007: Algebraic Topology Lecture
- Since 2006:
Teaching and Research Assistant of Frank-Olaf Schreyer at the Saarland University (Germany).
Organized and supervised several tutorial classes for courses taught by Frank-Olaf.
From 2007 on, I also did some independant teaching starting with a lecture on algebraic topology and followed by one on dynamic geometry.
See the teaching section for more details.
Teaching and Research Assistant of Duco van Straten at the University of Mainz (Germany).
Organized exercise classes and held tutorial lectures in: Linear Algebra I-II, Analysis I, Mathematics for Computer Scientists I-III.
Organized and held practical sessions in: Computer Algebra for Mathematicians, Computer Algebra for Computer Scientists.
Co-organized several seminars (with Duco van Straten).
Co-advised several Diploma and Staatsexamen Theses (with Duco van Straten).
- 2001-2004: Organizer (with D. v. Straten, M. Lehn) of the project ''Mathematik am Mittwoch Mittag'' (MMM): pupils (13-18 years old) came to the university for 3 hours on wednesdays to experience some mathematics.
Jobs and other Activities
- 2013 - now: I am running my own business, called MO-Labs, selling mathematical objects, related software, and teaching related mathematics.
- 2001-2006: MONOID: web-editor of the maths journal for pupils.
- 1998-2000: IC-Haus: programming, mainly c and database programming in VisualBasic for MSAccess
- 1999, 2000: i-p-tel.com: mainly CeBIT 1999 and CeBIT 2000
- 1998: One year in the executive board of the local comitee Mainz/Wiesbaden of the student organization AIESEC; responsible for organizing internships for foreigners in the Mainz area.
- Sports: Badminton, Running, Squash, Tennis, ...
- Meeting people.
- Practicing languages.
- Internet & Maths programming.